Joffo cakes (or Jaffa cakes, named after the Jaffa orange, if you live in the real world) are both a valuable commodity and a dilectable treat. A heavenly little sponge cake filled with a delightful orange filling and coated with a deliciously rich dark chocolate. This scrumptious morsel is for heroes and babbies alike, they can be found in the great expanses of the Yogventures, an up and comer in the gaming world by none other than the Heroes themselves of the Yogscast. This recipe makes approximately 12 Joffo Cakes, and can take from 30 mins to 1 hour and 30 minutes.
In order to fashion the Joffo cake, one requires the following list of equipment
An Oven of Baking
A Refrigeration Device
A Saucepan of Water Boiling
A Bowl of Heatproofing
A Whisk of Batter Beating
A Muffin Tin of 12 Holes
A Skewer of Clean Hole-Poking
A Bowl of Regularity
A Spoon of Thorough Mixing
A Baking Tray of Shallow-Sidedness
A Knife of Jelly Cutting
A Spoon of Chocolate Stirring
Any decent hero should have a deep understanding of Joffo supplies, but if you’re a typical babby, then here’s a list of the necessary ingredients
50g caster suger
50g plain flour
1x135g packet orange jelly
1 tbsp orange marmalade
125ml boiling water
200g 70% cocoa eating chocolate (dark chocolate)
3. Add the flour, beating continuously, until a thick, smooth batter forms.
4. Half-fill each well in your Muffin Tin of 12 Holes with the cake batter. Transfer the tin to the oven and bake the cakes for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown and cooked through (the cakes are cooked through when your Skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean.) Remove from the oven and set the cakes aside, still in their tray, until cool.
5. Meanwhile, for the filling, in your Bowl of Regularity, mix together the jelly, marmalade and boiling water until the jelly has dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Pour the filling mixture into your Baking Tray of Shallow-Sidedness or large dish to form a 1cm layer of jelly (I put them in another muffin thingy but I’m a silly babby, don’t do that). Set aside until completely cooled, then chill in your Refrigeration Device until set.
6. When the jelly has set and the cakes have cooled, cut small discs from the layer of jelly, equal in diameter to the cakes. Sit one jelly disc on top of each cake.
7. Bring a little water to the boil in your pan, then reduce the heat until the water is simmering. Suspend Bowl of Heatproofing over the water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water). Add the chocolate and stir until melted, smooth and glossy, then pour over the cakes. Set aside (or refrigerate) until the melted chocolate has cooled and set.
So now you can create your very own Joffo Cakes. Enjoy all of the delicious goodness this newfound ability brings you.
So… What should I make next?